Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's that time of the year again!


The air gets colder, the leaves start to turn orange and red colors and eventually fall off the trees, and pumpkins start appearing on people's front porches. Yes, it's that time...FALL! This is definitely my favorite season, just because of the weather and all of the scents in the air that bring back great memories of my past. I cannot think of any bad experience that I have ever had in the fall, because I'm always happy this time of the year! I think now it's mostly because a lot of things happened last year in the fall that made me very happy, like Brenden asking me out, and all the fun things we did together for the first time. Ironically, he is currently sleeping on the couch behind me as I write this. 

We had quite an adventurous day today. I met up with him after he got off work this morning, and we went to Creve Coeur park to see the Central Midland train tracks. I took a few pictures while we were there because the environment was so unique I had to capture it on camera. Above is a picture of the bridge we walked across. It goes over a creek that flows from the Creve Coeur lake not far from there. It was definitely amazing. 

After that, went up to a train bridge on the east side of the river in Maryland Heights. There were three tracks, all on different levels of a hill. It was very cool to look at from the bottom of the hill. While we were there, we saw two trains go across the bridge. One going east and then west. I took a few pictures there as well. Afterwards we drove around town and looked at some other places where the Central Midland tracks go through. We saw a few of their engines, one of which Brenden got to ride on a while back when he went up there to talk to a few of the guys that work there. They were pretty neat looking. 

That was the extent of our train watching/foaming adventure. But we did go out to dinner with my parents at Pasta House later on for my dad's birthday. That was fun. And now, here I sit on the living room floor writing this with my snoring love sleeping behind me. He's so adorable. I can't even try to wake him up because he's just too cute. Haha. But he's gonna have to wake up some time! :D

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment