Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

It has been a week since I have seen Brenden, because his best friend, Grant, came to town. And when he's in town, all the guys spend the whole week at Joe's house and just hang out and be guys. This is the longest Brenden and I have been apart in 9 months, and much to my surprise, I handled it pretty well. I usually struggle to find ways to make the days go by faster, but this week I had no problem doing that thanks to working and other plans I already had made. But even though I found ways to keep myself busy, I still missed Brenden a lot, and I'm upset that I missed out on some things we could have done together, since yesterday was the fourth of July. But I'm not going to worry about it, since we have the rest of our lives together, there will always be plenty of time for more "first's" that we've missed out on. Today is Grant's last day in town, and I'm excited to see Brenden again. Although, I don't know when that will be exactly. I'm hoping to see him tomorrow for a lunch date or something. I'm just lucky that I have someone who's there for me all the time and respects me for who I am. I think a lot of people take something as fortunate as having someone there for them all the time for granted. When I say I don't know what I'd do without Brenden, I honestly mean it. Because he is my world. I am in love with him and I can't see myself with anyone else, besides him. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me tear up! I am so grateful that Brenden has you to love him and for him to love. You are such a sweet young lady and I'm proud of you for how you have handled this situation! I remember having to deal with that kind of stuff when Scott would go fishing for long weekends, and then when he went off to college. It's hard! But it really does make the time you get to spend together that much more precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been fun having spent some time with you this week.. shoe shopping and enjoying the fire works ! Sorry you spent some of your days sicky poo.. but you did great.. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete