Friday, June 17, 2011

McQueen and Sally!



So, I've been looking for a car for quite a while and today my mom and I went out to a friend's house to look at a potential car for me. It's a metallic blue 2000 Ford Taurus. As soon as I saw it I laughed and immediately thought of Sally from Cars. Then I laughed even harder because I thought of Brenden's car, which is a red 2000 Pontiac Grand Am, which reminds me of Lightning McQueen! I thought it was so cute, because if I got this car, then Brenden and I would look just like McQueen and Sally! Then as our friend was explaining to us what was wrong with the car, it was too good to be true. Everything that she pointed out, was the exact same problems that Brenden has on his car. The right side mirror was knocked off in a hit and run accident and needs to be glued back on, and Brenden's is missing completely. The back left window gets stuck sometimes and won't work, Brenden's doesn't roll up and down automatically anymore. You have to do it manually. The AC is out, Brenden's was out for the first 6 months that we dated, and the CD player is an inconvenience because it's in the trunk, which means it's pretty much unusable, and Brenden's doesn't work at all. So as you can see, I was in complete shock at how many things the two cars had in common. It kind of makes me think that this will end up being my first car considering the several similarities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment