Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A very successful day

So, today I woke up feeling the need to apply at a few places for a new job. I currently work at Brunswick Zone, the bowling alley, but I'm just not getting enough hours lately, even after working there for almost 2 years! So...after a lunch date at White Castle with my boyfriend (I know, cheap lunch. But hey, I'm not working enough, so I don't have a lot of money) I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to turn in an application I had filled out. Along with turning it in, I got to speak to the store manager as well! That's always a good thing. The job seems pretty promising. Not full time, but hey, it's money! But I decided to keep searching, just in case that fell through. After stopping at my current job demanding more than my one shift a week, I went to Goodwill to turn in another application. It doesn't seem like the greatest place to work, but the sign on the door said they were hiring 40 hours a week guaranteed! So I thought to myself, why not?

Still in doubt of the last 2 places, I continued my search. I went into Fashion Bug and got an application there, which I filled out later and turned in. Then I went to 2 different daycares and asked for applications, and then to a third one to turn in an application. So, even though I only turned in four applications, I still have two more to fill out and turn in. I would say this day was very successful. I'm going to be a freshman in college in the fall, and one shift a week is not going to cut it. Job hunting today was a very good idea. And to top it all off, I bought...wait for it...new toothbrushes and father's day cards on my way home! :) Sounds cheesy, but I felt proud that I made such progress in one day. Who knows what the rest of the week will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment